The University of Maryland, College Park offers an interdisciplinary Bachelor of Arts degree program in Film Studies. If you are an undergraduate who is interested joining this program or getting more information, please contact our advisor:
Students must make appointment to initiate a change of major or for pre-registration advising.
Before you come in, you may want to look over the Advising Form for the Film Studies major (requires PDF reader software).
ADVISING IS MANDATORY EVERY SEMESTER FOR PRE-REGISTRATION
Make an advising appointment as soon as you receive your registration appointment!
Checklist for your advising appointment:
1. Call or email the Film Studies Advisor for an advising appointment: (301) 405-9651 or mconroy AT umd.edu. Set your appointment two weeks prior to your preregistration date. Appointments fill up quickly, so be sure to call early!
2. Prior to the appointment, review University, College of Arts and Humanities, and Film Studies Major Requirements so that you know which requirements you still need to meet. The Advising Form we provide will help you with this.
3. Review the online Schedule of Classes posted on Testudo.
4. Review the list of Courses for the Major in Film Studies on this site.
5. Advising time is valuable. If you cannot make an appointment, please call (301) 405-9651 or email to cancel.